Recall that the Chinese word for "crisis" is composed of two symbols: one for "danger" and the other for "opportunity."
Crisis = "dangerous opportunity" is the way that's usually interpreted. And, we aim to take advantage of the opportunities that the current situation presents!
So this may be a good opportunity for those of us who are in the quality and productivity business. It seems to us that products and technologies that make life easier, get the work done quicker and more efficiently, make better use of resources, and do the job better are going to be extremely important as the world economy gets back on track.
Here is a summary of what you can expect from eValid in the coming days and weeks:
- V9 Release, sometime after the first of the year with many new features and performance improvements. (All V8 support will be ending a few months after V9 is released.)
- There'll be several special offers for regression suite creation, for package pricing involving server loading work, and for monitoring script development.
- Realigned product bundle compositions that will see the EPI feature added to both the WebMaster Bundle and to the Regression Test Bundle. Look for other changes in product composition and organization, too.
- Revisions of some of the pricing, including introduction of SAAS-type pricing and special virtualization support.
- Enhanced DOM programming support: you'll now be able to do ANYthing you can imagine doing with DOM scripting based on "from life" recording.
We wish you all the very happiest of New Years celebrations, and we wish for the very best for everyone in 2009.